One music piece that’s hard for me to keep up with is dance music. There are constantly new songs to dance to, and since I’m not a regular at the clubs, and it’s not exactly my favorite genre, I can get out of the loop. But you know who is in the loop? Ryan Seacrest. Ha. So I’ll look to him, and the Top 40 charts every week, for the latest dance songs. I will only be posting my favorites (aka the most danceable, or best suited to weddings) – but I’ve created a Top 40 Spotify playlist, and will include all the songs there, adding the new ones each week.
Studio Impressions via Style Me Pretty
1. Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton - Actually #1 on the charts. Super dance-able.
2. I Love It – Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX – (#3) The lyrics aren’t exactly wedding appropriate, but it’s definitely catchy. It’s also a great song to sing loudly in your car when wedding plans aren’t going your way and you need to yell. Haha.
3. Cruise – Florida Georgia Line – Only, I repeat ONLY for weddings who’s guests know how to dance to country music. Know your audience.
4. Get Lucky – Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams – For you indie lovers. I find it interesting that the 70′s musical stylings seem to be making a comeback. My least favorite time in music history, but I’ll try to embrace it.
5. The Other Side – Jason Derulo – Gets danceable after about 45 seconds. Not for iPod weddings.
6. Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell and T.I. – another throwback to the 70′s. I need more cowbell.
7. #Beautiful – Mariah Carey feat. Miguel – for cocktail/dinner time for the pop/hip-hop loving brides.
8. Love Somebody – Maroon 5 – for cocktail or dinner time. For anyone, really. The chorus could be a cute recessional too. “I really wanna love somebody. I really wanna dance the night away.”
9. Next To Me – Emili Sande – Sweet for cocktails or dinner.
10. Feel This Moment – Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera – also gets danceable after about 50 seconds. Let your DJ be in charge of this one.
11. Lego House – Ed Sheeran – Which one of these does not belong? This song feels really out of place to me with the other songs. It’s a nice song though – for cockatils/dinner.
12. Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull – If you don’t feel weird about J Lo still making music, like I do. It’s danceable.
13. Glowing – Nikki Williams – Danceable. About love. It works.
For more dance tunes for your wedding, check out our Listen To The Music Page.